After dates started hitting the pages of venues in the Northeast yesterday, the official announcement of a “Short and sweet handful” of Mike Gordon Band shows started hitting Twitter feeds Wednesday. In addition to five shows in the Northeast, Mike Gordon will take his solo band across the Atlantic next spring for a run of shows at Amsterdam’s Jam In The Dam, with a bill that also features moe., Dark Star Orchestra, Keller Williams and Lotus.
Earlier this year, Mike Gordon Band played a series of 15 shows as part of a nationwide tour that took him from the West Coast, through the Midwest and South and concluding in the Northeast.
The announcement comes as Phish fans speculate on potential a New Year’s Eve run and the status of the band’s purported recording schedule. While Phish fans salivate over potential NYE shows, Mike Gordon will offer a series of engaging shows to the Northeast. If Phish is in the studio, could a Gordon original – or more of his sound – find its way onto an album.
Time will tell. But without further adieu, check out the dates below.
Mike Gordon Band Fall 2011/Spring 2012 Tour Dates
- Saturday, November 12, 2011 – Portsmouth Music Hall, Portsmouth, NH (Tickets)
- Sunday, November 13, 2011 – Lebanon Opera House, Lebanon, NH
- Friday, December 09, 2011 – The Met Cafe, Pawtucket, RI
- Saturday, December 10, 2011 – Calvin Theatre, Northampton, MA
- Sunday, December 11, 2011 – The Egg, Albany, NY
- Wednesday, March 14, 2012 – Jam In The Dam, Amsterdam, Holland
- Thursday, March 15, 2012 – Jam In The Dam, Amsterdam, Holland
- Friday, March 16, 2012 – Jam In The Dam, Amsterdam, Holland
Tickets are available for all shows except Northampton on Mike’s website. A pre-sale is currently under way for the Northampton show here. For more information on Jam In The Dam, including purchasing tickets in the United States, please visit them online.
Just two weeks ago, Mike Gordon sat in with the Warren Haynes Band at Higher Ground in Burlington playing two songs the night before Phish’s Vermont Flood Recovery show in Essex, VT.