UPDATE II: Phish’s ticketing site has been updated because of these venue changes by adding the following:
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved a reconfiguration of Charter One Pavilion on Northerly Island that will allow for the creation of a General Admission lawn area by opening the venue into the park adjacent to the existing venue.
GA Lawn tickets will be $45.00 ($120.00 for a 3 Day Ticket) and will be available for sale through Ticketmaster when the shows go on sale Friday, March 29th at 10:00am Central.
The tickets available via Phish Tickets are only reserved and GA floor. The GA Lawn tickets are not included in the allotments sold through Phish Tickets.
UPDATE: Vote – Unanimous approval.
OPT’s exclusive mole (Paddy S.) at the meeting discussing the music venue (#weareeverywhere) has secured the following information on the upcoming renovations and expansion to Chicago’s Charter One Pavilion on Northerly Island.
- Improved restrooms. Better back of the house. Improved pathways and concessions. Lawn seating for special concert events.
- “Ravinia-like lawn for 22,000 people in addition to 8,600 seats.” (up from approx 7,500 total seats)
- Less sound bleed despite larger events. All seats will have stage and skyline sight lines.
- Project can be done by June 1.
- Announcement of Phish and Jimmy Buffet today
- “Sound won’t bounce around the venue.”
Posted in News